Monday, 28 April 2014

Evaluation Question Three.

What have you learned from audience feedback?

The way in which I collected audience feedback was by having walked around the class, handing out a questionnaire which said what they would like to see me improve on the magazine. As well as this, I asked each of them for a rating out of ten on the current production. I felt this was the only things that I needed to know In regards to my magazine production. This is because I asked for a detailed response from the audience. I then went on to note down what had been said before thinking through the different ideas. This was helpful for me as it turned out to make my magazine a lot more detailed as well as better than before. The main response from the audience when asking for feedback was the colour scheme being wrong. This is because on my first attempt at the magazine, and when I handed the questionnaire out, my magazine contained 5-6 colours which the audience didn't agree looked attractive. A few of them said that I should go with the three colour rule and only have up to three colours throughout the magazine that represents the magazine fully. Because of this feedback from the audience, I managed to change it to how they please, in which made my magazine look a whole lot more attractive than it did the first time.

The main reason why I agreed with the audience when they gave me feedback is because its their magazine to buy, and so I will need to fulfil their needs in order to sell it to them as a product. If I stayed with my production, and ignored the feedback, then I would be at rock bottom and my magazine wouldn't sell at all. Another thing I learnt from audience feedback is that they give a variety of responses meaning that I have a lot of stuff to work towards in order to improve my magazine to the audiences needs. Regarding the question about the rating of the magazine, the general answer was that it looked attractive at first sight and looked well done. When they took a look at the double page spread, and read through the information, they seemed to like that as well, and it earned a few giggles from people in various parts of it.

However, as it is a feedback from the audience, there was also quite a few negatives being involved. The main negative was that the font wasn't too attractive, and didn't stand out. Because of this, I was bale to collect the information they had given me, take it in to consideration and make the changes to the work. When questioning them after the font change, the general comments were that it was a massive improvement compared to the last font. Another standing out negative that was given back by the audience were that the shade around the writing was too small and that it had needed to be lengthened out a little more in order to make the writing stand out to the audience.

The main point of emphasis from the audience feedback is that it gave me the opportunity to improve the magazine from their very own point of view, allowing me to complete what they want on the magazine. It also gives the audience the chance to be part of the creation of the magazine. It also ensures me that they would then buy the magazine if the changes they requested was to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment