Monday, 28 April 2014

Evaluation Question Five.

How did you attract/address your audience?

The main way in which I believe I attracted the audience to my magazine is by having a persuasive front cover that makes people want to know more about the mask situation I had put in. I put a remark underneath the main image on the front of the cover saying "Find who's hiding under the mask". I believe that this lures the audience in to wanting to gain more information and actually find out who is hiding under the mask. Because of this, they would hopefully buy the magazine. After researching different magazines that are similar to mine, I had found a few components which mainly attracted the audience to their product. The stand out components i had found from the magazines i looked at was that the colours used represented the company. For example, the company NME tends to use the colour red a lot more than most of any other colours. I believe that it is almost seen as a trademark for the company having certain different colours. Because of this, i feel as though that one of the main reasons why the audience would have been attracted to the colour scheme i used. I seemed to use the colours yellow, black and white throughout the magazine making them my trademark colours.

The way in which i addressed the audience was by including them in having their own say on the mask situation on the double page spread. I gave out the information and suggestions but left the job for the audience to find out what exactly was happening. I feel as though this is a massive positive as it enables the audience to get involved and have their very own say. As well as this, i also left a link to the twitter page of the magazine company for them to get in contact that way also.

No comments:

Post a Comment