What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
Before the preliminary task, i never really had much of a clue about most technologies on the mac such as inDesign, and barely Photoshop. Because of this, i decided to stick to my strengths rather than spend un-needed time on learning and developing my skills on other software when i could use photoshop which i knew things about. Throughout the preliminary, i developed more and more skills regarding photoshop, enabling me to become prepared for the main task better. I learnt about every side tool, every effect and most other general components which helped my magazine be improved and stand out. I decided to avoid the likes of InDesign due to me not knowing what to do on it barely. I also thought that photoshop would be an easier piece of software for me as it just suited what i wanted to do, and turned out to be simple when i got to know most of the general components. Throughout my research and planning, i also used a variety of software to present my work in, most in which i never knew existed before the time. Prezi is just one of them, along with Slideshare. I felt that the different software like the two mentioned opened up a variety on what I could do, making it more creative and attractive as well.
As i did my magazine on photoshop, i obviously learnt the more complex tools and editing effects the longer i went on with the magazine. The tools at the side of the page became very easy for me to understand, allowing me to use each of them for the benefit of my work. I also discovered many other features that was sort of unheard about for me before the product was being made. Things such as lighting and photography became simple for me as the course of the product went on. I learnt that a variety of shades effected each thing in my magazine in a different way. Regarding the photography, I barely knew much about cameras, and how they worked regarding all the different options with the buttons on them. After a little bit of self-research and time with the cameras, i easily managed to figure out what each button meant and what they did.
No comments:
Post a Comment