Monday, 28 April 2014

Evaluation Question Four.

Who would be the audience for your media product?

The main target audience for my magazine are varied out. This is because it can be brought by people who are between the years of 17 and 25. As well as this, because the two main genres of music being represented are rap and indie, it suggests a massive variation of audience for many different social groups. With the gender tipping towards the male side regarding the rap music, I inserted an indie band that the females may like when they are young adults. Because of this, I hoped that the target audience would be for both males and females, opening up a larger, more wider target audience enabling the magazine to be open for more people, meaning my magazine will sell a lot more than it would have for just one genre.

I feel as though the balance between the indie and rap genres are around 50/50. This is because on the front cover, more rappers are named than indie bands, where as the whole double page spread is dominated by an indie band. I feel as though that because the picture on the front cover shows an indie band member, then the indie folk would definitely want to buy the magazine to know more. That's why one of the many target audiences are young indie lovers.

Teens and young adults would be the rime target audience when considering age due to the fact that they would be the ones who would be interested in a music magazine rather than the older, more mature audience. I feel as though the teen target audience is the better target audience to go for as it opens up a massive variety of people and represents each of them in their separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment