1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
There are many ways in which my product can challenge those within the media. One of the ways is how the whole magazine is laid out, including the fonts. Throughout the process of the magazine in which I created, I aimed to slightly duplicate a magazine in which I had found on the internet. Because of this, I had a layout in which I could aim for. Due to the magazine in which I found, it gave me a clear idea of what a professional magazine looks like and therefore gave me tips throughout the creation of my own product. With the help of the magazine I had found, not only did the layout inspire me to use a similar style, but also the colours used. I thought it looked really attractive and therefore gave me the idea to use similar colours in order to make mine look just as attractive.
My product also includes just three colours. This is because of the three colour rule in which I had found in my research before I started on the magazine. When researching the three colour rule, it became very clear to me that it was a great idea to employ it on my magazine creation. When researching a lot of other music magazines, I could clearly see that the more attractive magazines had only been involved with a maximum of four colours. Where as the magazines with more colours looked slightly over-coloured and unattractive. Throughout my research, I also found that the three colours used in magazines were slightly bright, with the exception of maybe one colour. The more common colours i had found through the research were White, black and red. The way in which my magazine challenges those within the media regarding the colour is that I have used the three colour rule, and included the colours white, black and yellow.
The way in which I use other products within the media is to inspire my product. A prime example was my research in to the double page spread before I had started developing it. After plenty of research in to different double page spreads, I had come across a few brilliant ones that stood out massively and which I could use to aim for and make it just as attractive. The more attractive ones were the more professional ones and so therefore was the double page spreads that I attempted to make my product look like slightly. I also took a copy of a front cover which I really like and stood out to me. I used that front cover to stay on track with. I took ideas from the front cover and employed them in to my own product to make my magazine cover a lot more attractive. I developed the ideas from the front cover on to my very own product, and developed them a lot more for them to fit in perfectly with the rest of my magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment