Thursday, 19 December 2013

First Idea of a Double Page Spread

I am aiming to please both genders with my music magazine, both on the front cover and the double page spread which I am creating. On the double page spread however, I believe that my idea will please both genders at ages ranging from teens to adult ages of around 20-30 years old and maybe more. My initial plan of the double page spread is to have a full page of information and other phrases such as buzz words on one side where as the other side of the double spread will involve in with images, more information and other aspects of a usual magazine company. After plenty of research on the more successful magazine companies' double page spreads, I can see that they pack out both pages with either pieces of texts or images of artists which are featured within the magazine.

I believe that the more suitable genre of music I should base my magazine around is the latest chart music/chart music. This is because it is one of the most popular genres around right now, which both genders listen to. This means that the looks on the faces of the people who I want on my front cover to have on will be different to the faces which people in to rock music look like. An example of this is the face paint in rock music characters won't be used in the magazine as it's not conventional or stereotypical. An example of when face paint is used on rock music characters is the band 'Kiss'.

I believe the latest chart music is the correct genre to go for in my magazine because it is a genre which both male and female audiences can enjoy and read about. Because I am concentrating on the latest chart music, this means the main genre is going to pop music. Because of this, I understand what the characters need to look and dress like to be placed on the cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment